North Warren Regional School District in Blairstown, NJ is very proud to have been designated by Newsweek and the Daily Beast as one of America’s Best High Schools!
The designations are based on 2011-12 data. 5000 high schools were invited to participate, 2500 responded and the top 2000 have been designated. North Warren ranked 1426 on the list. This is the first time that North Warren has received this designation.
The methodology is weighted as follows:
- 25% for 4 year, on time graduation rate for 2012.
- 25% for percentage of 2011 graduates who were accepted to a 2 or 4 year college.
- 25% for AP/IB/AICE test per student.
- 10% for the average AP/IB/AICE score
- 10% for Average SAT/ACT score.
- 5% for percent of students enrolled in at least 1 AP/IB/AICE course.
There were 93 high schools in New Jersey to make the list, and North Warren is the only high school recognized from Warren and Sussex counties.
This award adds to other recent accolades for the school. In 2010, New Jersey Monthly magazine designated North Warren as one of the “10 Most Improved High Schools” in New Jersey, and last fall, Inside Jersey ranked North Warren as the top high school in Warren County.
We are very proud of our students and staff for achieving at levels that earned this distinction.